Sunday, June 1, 2014

Wagons Roll

Having now painted all three wagons I had printed, I thought it might be nice to show them in action. Unfortunately when I tried to do this I found that my lovely Quarry Hunslet wouldn't run in reverse, so I've had to strip the motion back and reassemble it. I still don't know what the problem was, and it still isn't running as smoothly in reverse as it did before. Anyway here are the three wagons being shunted backwards and forwards along the short test track.

3 comments:

  1. Mark if all the linkages are free then it must be the drive unit. I don't know what's inside it I doubt it is a worm drive as they generally won't reverse at all. It it is a crown wheel and pinion check for end float on the pinion shaft. That will be the one the motor drives.
    It is still very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is one of the linkages, but I'm not sure which or why. Once I'd stripped it back as far as I could the motor seemed to run okay and with the extra play the wheels turned okay too. Fingers crossed it should be alright now.

      Delete
  2. I am still fascinated by the fact that I become mesmerised by it.

    ReplyDelete